VOM's Bibles Unbound
Bibles Unbound's New Testaments are printed clandestinely inside China by the underground house church Christians, smuggled out of China and sent across the world so that they can then be mailed back to other house church Christians inside China.
• Bibles Unbound makes it easy for the senders to participate in overseas missions and therefore raises awareness and generates revenues for Voice of the Martyrs’ other worthy ministries.
• Bibles Unbound is expanding to deliver Bibles to other countries, including North Korea.
• Printing New Testaments in China and then smuggling them out bear avoidable risks for the underground Chinese Christians who print and smuggle them out for Bibles Unbound.
• Mailing New Testaments back to China risks detection and confiscation by China's customs.
• Chinese believers in possession of Bibles that are not printed by Amity Printing bear greater risks of being persecuted than those who possess identical Bibles but printed by Amity Printing.
• If the $30 were simply transferred to China's underground house church Christians, they can go to any of the 55,000 Three Self churches in China and buy 20 entire Bibles ($1.50 per Bible) instead of just 5 New Testaments ($30 / 5 New Testaments = $6 per New Testament).
• The revenue from Bibles Unbound that Voice of the Martyr's uses to fund its other ministries are well-spent, but the money to ship the Bibles across the world world twice is wasted, and the avoidable risks mentioned above remain.
• The concept of sending Bibles to China should be applied to Bibles that are unavailable in China. Presently, Amity Printing prints and sells inside China the NIV, NRSV and KJV English translations but not the New King James Version (NKJV), which includes the only modern English translation of the original Textus Receptus Greek New Testament.
• There is an immediate opportunity for Western Christians to invite Chinese Christians to request NKJV Bibles to be sent to them. Chinese Christians capable of reading the NKJV typically even have the money to reimburse the costs to buy and send via mail.
Voice of the Martyrs was emailed to confirm claims that it has stopped shipping Bibles out from and back into China and that its Chinese New Testaments are translations of Textus Receptus. To date, no confirmation has been received.
BillionBibles.org ©2013. all rights reserved.